Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nikki Gil Biography

Nikki Gil (born August 23, 1987) is a Filipina actress, host, and singer. She is famous for doing the Asian versions of “Breaking Free” and “Gotta Go My Own Way” from the Disney Channel Original Movies, High School Musical, and High School Musical 2.
A. Basic Info
Name : Monica Pauline Gil
Nickname : Nikki
Birthday : August 23, 1987
School : Ateneo De Manila
B. Favorites
Fave Artists : Jason Mraz, John Mayer and Tamia. I like Disney songs. My fave Disney song is ‘Part of Your World’. I don’t like rock. I also like Southborder.
Hobbies : I play the piano. I play volleyball. I’m into studying. I graduated valedictorian from high school, so its part of me na. I bake too! My specialty is oatmeal cookies.
C. Up-Close and Personal
Getting into modeling : 
I used to do VTRs when I was younger. No one was getting me. I felt rejected so I stopped. My skin broke out too! When it cleaned up, I started again. Then I go the Coke and Sunsilk TVCs right away.
How was your Coke shoot : It was really fun! It didn’t feel like work at all. One day rehearsal, the one day for the shoot [in Ongpin]. We recorded the song a day before the rehearsal. The atmosphere wasn’t stressful at all.”
So it was you who was really singing the commercial : “Yes! I love singing! But my only exposure is in church, We’re a family of singers too.”
Any Collections : Buttons and Candy Wrappers like the colorful Wonka wrappers. The designs are very cute. I keep it in a jar.
Beauty Secret: Well for me,it doesn’t really matter how much make-up you put on or whatever you do, if you’re not beautiful inside, it will really show. I think it’s important to beautify your inner person before anything else. But drink lots of water and don’t forget to wash your face always before going to bed.
Describe your style : Girly, conservative but not too balot. I’m not really the jeans-and-sneakers type, but still laid back.
You shop at ? Bayo and Kamiseta. But i’d rather shop in tiangges, like Greenhills. Usually I buy something that’s cheap lang.
You like guys who are : In Love With God. Major turn-on. Funny, sweet and intelligent. Someone who can provide for me when we get married. I like guys who are like my dad. My dad is wonderful. I also like cute, tanned, Mexican-type of guys. Not chinito and mestizo.
Would rather avoid guys who are : Guys who are presko, and those who are super duwag. Those who won’t take a risk.
You hate it when : My alarm goes off in the morning. I travel from the South to Ateneo every day so I have to wake up really early. It’s the worst feeling.
You love it when : Classes are suspended. You get to stay home and eat and sleep.
In the future you are going to : I’ve always wanted to be a princess, but it’s impossible, I guess (laughs). I have many plans for myself , but you know how life operates, you never know in what direction it will take you. I also want to start my own business but on what I’m not so sure yet, but I definitely want to be my own boss.
Guiding Principle : Follow you goals but be sensitive to what you want. Enjoy life!
II. Career
When Nikki Gil appeared for the first time in the Coca-Cola commercial, many were immediately smitten by her sweet singing voice and very congenial personality. The commercial was instrumental to Gil’s ascent in show business, and the jingle became a national anthem of sorts.
Nikki’s sunshiny persona brightens the boob tube in ASAP ’06, Breakfast Surprise, and MYX. She also hosted the daily reality search show Pinoy Dream Academy. Her voice constantly fills the airwaves as songs from her self-titled album, like “Sakayan ng Jeep” and “Glowing Inside,” have become easy listening tunes favored by the young. Her star reaches bling-bling proportions as she, together with Singapore’s Alicia Pan and Malaysia’s Vince Chong, sings “Breaking Free,” one of the sound tracks of the Disney Channel’s original movie High School Musical.
Gil is a member of ABS-CBN’s elite circle of homegrown talents properly named Star Magic.
Filmography

Television

YearTitleRole
2008Pinoy Dream Academy: Season 2Host/Herself
2008FlorindaMara
2008Love Spell:Credit CardAileen
2007Pangarap na BituinSapphire Gomez
2007High School Musical Around the WorldHost/Herself
2007WowoweeHost/Herself
2007Your Song: Ang Pagibig Kong Ito—-
2007RouninLeal
2007Komiks Presents: Da Adventures of Pedro PendukoJoseline
2006Pinoy Dream AcademyHost/Herself
2006Star Magic Presents: Love and The CityTrina
2006Komiks: Kapitan Aksiyon—-
2006Your Song: If I Keep My Heart Out of Sight—-
2005ASAP FanaticHost/Herself
2005Breakfast (TV show)Host/Herself
2005Breakfast SupersizeHost/Herself
2005MYXVJ
2005MRS: Most Requested ShowHost/Herself
2005ASAPHost/Herself

Film

YearTitleRole
2007One More ChanceHelen

Commercials and endorsements

  • Avon
  • Smart Communication
  • Hapee Toothpaste
  • Coca-Cola (Commercial at YouTube.com)
  • Vaseline (Commercial at YouTube.com)
  • Lucky Me
  • Vicky Belo Clinic
  • Penshoppe
  • Disney Channel Asia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

free counters
Free counters
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Design Blog, Make Online Money